The side sleeper mattresses are now used globally, and it is the quality and the comfort they provide, which have made them famous in the whole world. About 15% of adults are chronic side sleeping, and about 41% of adults sleep in fatal and incorrect postures. A mattress for side sleepers is available at different levels, from firm to soft, supporting and pushing your pressure points. Additionally, it maintains a proper circulation level in your body and is also soft to make you feel like sleeping on a cloud. The comparison between significant side sleeper mattresses helps find the mattress that suits the side sleeper best.
The material used for these mattresses varies from moderately firm to moderately soft or just soft. People who are slim or have slender bodies should use soft but a little firm mattress and those who have expansive body postures, broader backs, and shoulders should switch to more firm but small soft beds. The choice of these mattresses is made depending upon the physic a person has.
TYPES OF SIDE SLEEPER MATTRESSES:
- Memory foam
- hybrid mattresses
WHAT IS A MEMORY FOAM MATTRESS?
A memory foam mattress consists of different layers of foam combined. These layers are the polyurethane layers that are stacked together, which helps maintain the body’s shape. This foam possesses the body contouring feature. It is always supporting the natural curves of the spine. For overweight people, this mattress will best suit them as it provides equal body distribution providing a long and comfortable sleep.
ADVANTAGES OF MEMORY FOAM TYPE OF SIDE SLEEPER MATTRESS:
- It supports the spine and has body-shaping features.
- It is more long-lasting as compared to spring mattresses.
- Its additional features also include a cooling gel.
DISADVANTAGES OF MEMORY FOAM TYPE OF SIDE SLEEPER MATTRESS:
- They trap heat, preventing the airflow.
- There can be an emission of chemical odor when you unpack the mattress.
- Due to multiple layers, they are heavier to lift.
- For some people, it may be uncomfortable as a person completely sinks into it.
- It may be disturbing to some people who change their postures during sleep.
WHAT IS A HYBRID-FOAM-TYPE SIDE SLEEPER MATTRESS?
It is an innerspring mattress with foam material also present. These springs can provide pressure, but the presence of these springs may cause slight bounces. It is always supporting the natural curves of the spine.
PROFITS OF HYBRID FOAM TYPE OF SIDE SLEEPER MATTRESS:
- The features that it possesses can fulfill various desires, such as the back, head, and shoulder support.
- The coils provide the flow of air and do not trap any heat like in memory foam type.
- They are lighter and comfortable to change postures during sleep.
DRAWBACKS OF HYBRID FOAM TYPE OF SIDE SLEEPER MATTRESS:
- They are much more costly due to various features.
- The number and the options of available features in the hybrid type are ambiguous.
- They do not have body contouring features like memory foam.